I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Monday, March 9, 2009

What are people really thinking?

I post this in an honest attempt to get a feel of the voting populous. Really those that actually take the time to read some of my rants not pertaining to family happenings.

We are in a financial crisis, the average American is reluctant to spend, banks are hesitant to loan. The moral climate of our nation in my opinion is in jeopardy.

Now all this being said. Did the citizens of our country vote for Obama based on social values, economic values, or just pure hatred of Bush?
Really, what is the best policies concerning economics? More taxes, more government, more people relying on government? As far as economics I have always stood my ground on what I earn is mine, and giving to fringe groups through taxes is wrong. If they need the money, gain the attention of those interested and raise it, but don't have it taken from us.
Do social issues of gay marriage, and abortion trump the right economic plan? It really seems today that it does. Obviously people hated Bush for the Iraq war and voted Obama in for it. Have any of these people ever served? Do they really know what is happening over in Iraq?
I really am curious as to these answers.
I have a very plain belief system.
Financially, more government revenue is generated through higher employment and lower taxes.
Socially, abortion is an individual decision, but I would be against it.
Marriage is a Holy union between a man and woman. Government only got involved as a means to attain money from the process, and provide documentation for tax purposes.
If gays wish to have the same legal rights, grant them, ie justice of the peace, just like a man and woman without religeon. They will then be partners. It is their infraction into religeon that is not tolerated. We can love them, but do not have to accept their ways.
Comment portion is open, feel free to answer up.

No comments: