I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Yesterday's Chevelle and El Camino car show

After our less than pleasant camping trip I came home and prepped my 70 chevelle for a show in Auburn, Washington.

I really enjoy this show put on by Yesterdays Chevelle and El Camino club in Washington. Four years ago I won a second place trophy for 70 Chevelles. Last year I won 1st place for 70 Chevelles, Mayors Choice, and Best Paint. Those awards put me in the Winners Row this year against all of last years top 15 cars. I wasn't expecting it, but I won Best of Winners Row. This is as close to Best of Show you can get. Typically this show bring out 120 - 150 chevelles and el caminos. Most are show quality, some never leave the house unless it's for a show and are immaculate.

The trip started out with great weather for the drive up Saturday morning. Sunday started out dry, but by 3:00 when the awards were being announced it started pouring rain. The drive home was extremely wet, and the rain didn't stop until we crossed back into Oregon. I guess a good cleaning is due again for the Chevelle, but it was worth it. Unfortunately I was too busy looking at all the cars and visiting with people from Washington, and didn't take any pictures. Oh well there will be next year.

I remembered I had taken these pics at a rest area on the way up to Auburn. The blue 72 El Camino belongs to my friend Sonny. It has a "Ram Jet" 502 cubic inch motor, 507 Horsepower, 568 Ftlbs of Torque. Driving it in the rain is like running on ice skates there is so much power.




1 comment:

Doubletime it Marine!! said...

Congratulations on the award Rob!!!