I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympics or Little League World Series?

The Olympics are here yet again. I have found myself watching the Little League World Series instead. Last night Indiana and Ohio went 11 innings in a 4-4 tie, until Ohio broke it with 9 runs in the top of the 11th. Regulation for this age group is 6 innings. It was an exiting and well played game with very few errors. The regionals are almost done and then the actual championship games begin.

As for the Olympics...
BADMINTON!?!?!? Since when is the game you can purchase for 99 cents an Olympic event. My best memories of badminton was hitting the little "birdie" as far as possible to make my sister chase it. It was her idea to play this stupid game anyway.
I actually enjoy the Track and Field, Boxing, Swimming, and Gymnastics. Those are actual sports involving athletic prowess, strength and endurance. Do they test the badminton players for performance enhancing drugs? While I'm on this rant, ping pong, which is fun to play shouldn't be in the Olympics either. Hey I was pretty good at ping-pong back in the day, but cheap entertainment is not Olympic.
Last but not least is Fencing. An Aristocratic endeavor attempted by people by the name of Wellington, Che avers and Bradley. The only justification in winning is if they take the fake sword and run it up their opponents turned up nose. No blood, no sport, sharpen those things and do some damage. I could then maybe call it a sport.

No comments: