I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Yep, Trudy has put up with my crap for 16 years now. 8-8-92 - 8-8-08.
We went out to dinner at the Roadhouse. The place was empty due to the opening ceremonies for the Bejing Olympics. (More to come on the Olympics).
From there we went out to Dukes. It is a Country nite club. Very preferrable without the noise and atmosphere of the Hip Hop crowd.
It is one of the few places where people from age 21 to whatever, can go dancing and have a good time. We only danced the slow dances, and vowed to get line dance and two step lessons before our next anniversary. There just wasn't enough alcohol there to get me in a non coherent state to which I could try dancing without looking the fool and knowing it. It was fun to just sit and people watch, plenty to look at from both percpectives. Ah well, it may be fun to go there with friends some time, but very few of them can appreciate Country music. I look at it as the foundation of this great nation. A place where family and working hard for everything you own is evident.

No comments: