I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trudy's Birthday





For a few months now I have been trying to figure out what to do for Trudy's 40th birthday. I started by purchasing as many 40th birthday signs and banners as I could find. Trudy went to bed early on wed. night, so at midnight I went outside and started decorating. I wrote all over the windows of her Durango the number 40, her birthdate 7-24-68 and Happy Birthday. I then Hung a large Happy Birthday 40 yrs old banner across the front of the garage. I purchased some placards about 18 inches tall with big 4 0 's on them and hung them out on posts and the front of the house.
She was obviously suprised the next morning. She endured driving the Durango around for two days, getting stares, honks and smiles.

Friday night we went out to the .Greek Cuisina
.
I can't say they have the best Greek Food, as I really don't know Greek except Gyro's which was my favorite in a little shop in Oceanside California. I would go there each payday while I was in the Marine Corps.
The atmosphere of the Greek Cuisina is what it's all about. After the meal the owner would ask for anyone celebrating birthdays, anniversaries or whatever party. Trudy was brought out front, obviously 40 due to the Happy 40th Birthday balloon Dawn had put on her chair. He asked her a few questions announcing to all the patrons her specific information. Then all the people up on the dance floor one by one had to tilt their head back while he poured Ousa from a bottle into their mouth counting the seconds in beat with the Greek music playing. Trudy did well and made it to 15. Everybody lined up and he handed out plates to smash, Trudy wsn't paired with anyone so he brought me up. When we were given the signal we threw our plates.... They didn't break!!. The owner stopped the music and proclaimed that this couple has no troubles in our lives. I guess the breaking of the plates relates to breaking free from past struggles and starting anew. He started the music again and we threw our plates, this time they broke and all was happy.
We finished our evening at the Greek Cuisina when the DJ switched from music we could dance to, to some pretty radical Hip Hop.
We left the restaurant, and I took Trudy and her friends to an all male revue. It was quite the experience for the girls, but one they won't soon forget. Trudy can fill you in on the details.
For a finale, sunday afternoon we invited friends and neighbors over for cake and ice cream, followed by socializing around the fire pit.
Sunday night I asked Trudy what she did for her 37th birthday and she couldn't remember. Her 40th won't soon be forgotten.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is so awesome!! I wish we lived closer what a blast we would have together!!! Happy 40th Trudy!! YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!! JUST FABULOUS!!! LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YA TONS!!!!! MUAH!! XOXOX