I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Top 20 Movies

First and foremost I don't see too many movies when they are first released, unless the reviews are extraordinary, or Trudy wants a date night and the movie sounds ok. these are movies if shown on TV I'll stop and watch, unless a higher favorite comes on. I will list these in no particular order, which in itself shows my top choices as they come to mind first. 1-20:

1) Dazed and Confused - amongst the number of stars and actually remembering people like this, it has a number of cool cars including "Melba Toast" Woodersons 1970 LS-5 454 Chevelle.

2) GoodFella's - Joe Pesci at his finest, Trudy doesn't care for Ray Lioda, but I think he plays his role well.

3) My Cousin Vinni - Joe Pesci again, a very humorous Italian glimpse.

4) A Few Good Men - Can't stand Tom Cruise, but Nicholson puts this movie over the top. very quotable.

5)Crimson Tide - Hey I'm military minded, good flick.

6)Pulp Fiction - Trudy cringes whenever I stop at this movie playing, and she refuses to watch it. I think the chick OD'ing turned her away. A number of good quotes. All Star cast.

7)Forrest Gump - We all have a bit of Forrest in us.

8)Shawshank Redemption - I don't really care for Tim Robbins politics, but he played the part well.

9)Remember the Titans - Football, Denzell Washington, well scripted and a feel good movie.

10) Castaway - Tom Hanks at his best.

11) The Green Mile - Tom Hanks again.

12)Caddyshack - Anyone who doesn't get the humor should be shot. All time Classic.

13) Tin Cup - Another golfing movie, sharing of Inner Demons.

14)Shrek - Just enough adult humor to keep you watching.

15)SAW 1,2,3,4, - Not really horror, but gory enough to make you look away when the pain is inflicted.

16)Mr Smith - Great Costner movie, stayed at the edge of my seat throughout.

17)Talledega Nights- Honestly can't stand the humor of Will Ferrell, but stayed with this one.

18)Stripes - Classic Bill Murray

19)Vacation - Love it when Russ slams the whole beer, Chevy Chase is always classic.

20)Roadhouse - Action filled brawling.

No comments: