I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Clackamas Midget National Baseball 2009

Well, baseball is finally over for Tyler and I. Our team won 9 lost 2 and tied 1. We placed 8th in the county out of 45 teams. We had to play two qualifying games to reach the county championship tournament. We won our first game, but lost the second one. I went to watch the championship game today, and I truly believe on their best day my team could compete with the two teams playing.
Tyler was my number two/three pitcher depending on the rotation. He played short stop and third base. He also had the second best batting average on the team. While he is no all-star, he definitely has potential, he is very coach-able and learns quickly. While we are sad we didn't make it all the way to County and then State, the team should be very proud of themselves. I hope my players can look back at this year and remember it as the year they fell in love with baseball.
I'll coach again next year, and hopefully be as successful as we were this year.








3 comments:

Jim said...

Hey Rob..nice car! I think our team played yours in the Oregon City Tournament...my son plays for Camas. The kids still talk about that game as the game of the season. I came across your blog looking at who we're playing from Clackamas at state. Anyway...my apologies if that wasn't your team that we played in Oregon City. Good job on the season and hope to see you at car shows and games! I'm restoring a 1970 Camaro and doing a Baldwin Motion Tribute with it. Nice blog...have fun in the off season! Jim

Rob said...

Jim,
Thanks for the kudos on the season and the car. We didn't play the Oregon City Tournament this year. We played Gladstone and Canby. Clackamas usually has a good showing going into State, All of the Midget teams lost in county this year. You may have played Steve McDonalds team at the American level.
Thanks for checking out my blog.
Rob

Jim said...

If we played an American tournament that may have been why we had to pull out the win at the last out of the last inning...I thought it was a National tourney we played. I'm looking forward to State..my son is 8 and this will be his first trip to state in his first year...good experience for him. I think we play an Oregon City team Thursday coached by Jeff Hanson? I'm sure the whole week is going to be tough. Do you ever take your car to Beaches cruise in at PIR on Wednesdays? I'd love to see it...I'm a Chevy guy and my kids love old cars too...thanks for the reply! Good blog!
Jim