I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow Sorm December 2008

The weatherman finally called one right. We woke up to falling snow on Saturday morning, and it never stopped. By 8 o'clock Saturday night I measured 10 inches on our back deck. Notice the portable BBQ grill and deck table in the pics. The snow turned to freezing rain by 10 o'clock, which left our cars sealed shut and a 3/8 inch layer of ice on the snow Sunday morning. We got another 4 inches of snow throughout the day , and as I type it is snowing again with 2-4 inches expected by morning, with another inch or two during the day Monday. According the local weather people, this is a twice a century snow event for Portland. It hasn't snowed like this in 40 years. Frankly I haven't seen more than 6 inches in one event in the 15 years I have lived here. While it was neat on Saturday, it has become quite stressful around here.
Between house bound kids, snow tracking into the house when they do go out in it, and not knowing if I will be able to work tomorrow, I want to be done with it.

The forecast now is for slightly warmer temps up to 36 on Tuesday with snow showers again on Christmas Eve. We then will break out of this snap next weekend with 45* and rain. Next mass news coverage will be about all the flooding as 2+ feet of snow melts down in one weekend.

Standby....

In the pics we have the front of the house, me early in the day Saturday, all bundles up, the deck out the back door which used to be a 9 inch step down, and my neighbors 73 BMW looking like it is stuck in eastern Europe.







No comments: