I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Getting back in gear

It seems my posting has slowed way down recently, and I can only blame Facebook. If you aren't from Arizona, I don't know you. Really. Why would I include people I see day to day on my Facebook list? For me it is really great to reconnect with people I have known since 2nd grade, but haven't talked to in 22 years.
Aside from all of that. We have finished Tyler's football season where he was awarded "Most Improved Linebacker". Which is to say he realized he wasn't getting out of practice for every little booboo and started hitting. He finally came home with a battle bruise that luckily didn't turn into a blood clot, but looked like it had to have hurt when he earned it. This was a proud moment for him, and he was happy to show off his newest and best battle wound. LOL, he is getting tougher as each year passes.

Clackamas High school made it into the second round of 6A play-off Football before losing to Centennial in a mud bog on Centennial's home field.Clackamas Touchdown Club I try to be involved as much as possible with our local youth programs as it keeps me anchored to what is great in life growing up.
As an example I bring up my Alma Mater, Cactus High School. Without checking my yearbooks, I believe Coach Larry Fetkenheir started as Head Coach at Cactus in 1984. Here we are 25 years later with him leading the Cobras to State again. I really should research how many times the Cobras have been in the playoffs, and gone to State. I do recall The Cobras under Coach Fetkenheir haven't missed a playoff yet, or had a losing season. I will check into this to be sure though.
Cactus Cobras Going to State
I remember as a Senior he took our Football team to State where we lost to Gilbert, but we were there. No I wasn't a football player, which I regret in some respects, (I ran cross country, very well too I might add... mid 15 minute to low 16's, 3 mile races and 4:40- 4:50 mile times in track.)
Nostalgia is fun, and I encourage everyone to seek it out and enjoy it. While I hung with the popular crowd, I wasn't THE popular guy, I was ME, and friends with a lot of people who were real and sincere. We always knew where to go when things were happening, and when the nights were slow we invented shit to do.

No comments: