I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Time to play catch-up

It has been awhile since I updated with life in general, so here is my best attempt to catch up.

Baseball season ended with Football Camps starting right up for Tyler. He wanted to play safety and wide receiver, both of which are do nothing positions for his age group. He got drafted and the head coach has him playing Nose Tackle and Strong Side Linebacker, depending on the defensive formation. It is a far cry from Wide Receiver, but then again Tyler is not built for speed. He earned his position by being aggressive and hitting hard, likely one of the top 5 tacklers on his team. I also got drafted to be the lineman and defensive coordinator. Yea me, I wanted to be the Safety and Wide receiver coach. Has anyone around here seen pictures of me when I played football? I think Travis weighs more than I did. Regardless the "big guy" is now learning and coaching strategies for the "big kids".

Travis has started his Fall baseball league. It is not as serious as the spring/summer league, mainly just for practice. He has been wearing a support boot on his foot, he sprained his ankle playing wiffle ball during our camping trip to Lake Billy Chinook. He played the first few games with the boot on, and has just this week been allowed to take it off. His fielding was great at second, we will see if his batting improves now.

We had one final camping trip last weekend to Prineville Reservoir. I don't know if it was the place, the people, or the amount of time spent there, but it was likely the BEST camping trip ever. We went from Thursday and stayed to Monday. This helped to make the trip less stressful. We burned nearly 50 gallons of gas in the boat towing the kids around. We even got Trudy up on ski's twice. Sorry, the only pic I got was on my cell phone, very poor quality.
Labor Day is here, and in true NW fashion the weather sucks!!!!!! Guaranteed to to have crappy weather on a holiday in the NW.

BTW we do have pictures of Travis, but he won't smile. It is a cross between wearing braces and being 14 1/2. Remember that age? Waiting patiently for him to come out of his funk.


No comments: