I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

LET THERE BE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Never mind we had the longest weekend of baseball. Forget about Travis having a batting average of .625, and Tyler facing 10 batters and striking out 8. Both boys were in separate tournaments this weekend. I can't comment on Travis's play as I was coaching Tyler's team across town.
Back to the title. My team is playing defense, there are two outs with a runner on 2nd in the top of the 3rd inning. On the opposite field they have an announcers booth which is playing music between innings. I look at our game, the pitcher is in the wind-up, Queen is playing on the loudspeaker. The solo guitar riff between "We will Rock You" and "We are the Champions" is blaring. The runner at 2nd and at least half of my team are playing Guitar Hero Air Guitar in the middle of a pitch to the batter!
These are 3rd and 4th graders who LOVE OUR MUSIC. There was no way I could be mad at the team for not being ready for the ball. A few parents and I had a chuckle about the situation and moved on. It is a pretty sad situation when our kids are stealing our music CD's and tapes, even worse when they are Jammin the air guitar in the middle of a baseball game to said music.
BASEBALL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: