I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Winter Olympics

The Winter Olympics have come and gone in my backyard. Well a few hours North and in another country. It seems though, that aside from Hockey and Figure Skating the Winter Olympics are no more that an Extreme Sport Expo. I am biased of course, in that I was a track star, and part of my best memories from those days was the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. My track coach was involved as a pole vault judge, which afforded him access to the stars of the day. My Alma Mater, Cactus High School, has his picture with Carl Lewis in their display case. I believe there is also a hurdle cross bar with almost all of the 1984 Track Olympians signatures on it.
So another Winter Olympics has passed, as I hope this current winter will do. No fanfare necessary, just go away with your cold weather stunts and bad snow landings. Go away Winter Olympics with Canada winning the Gold once again in Hockey. Go away Winter Olympics with your Curling (how is that a sport?).
Go away Winter Olympics of which the opening and closing ceremonies are critiqued more than the participant events. Go away Winter Olympics that without Nancy and former Clackamas resident Tanya there are no real reasons to follow it.....

No comments: