I'm only one man, there's only so many people I can piss off in one day. Although, thanks to the internet, my production has gone up nicely.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

measures 66 67 day 1

Well true to form the layoffs have begun. Not with my shop but there are small businesses all over Oregon shutting down and moving out. There is a farm feed company that grossed $3.2 million, after product, employees and all other financial responsibilities were paid out, they netted $300,000 last year in a bad economy. Their tax burden is $100,000. Sure, big money with a $200,000 profit. Where are they going to expand? What if they needed to keep some cash in reserves for future sale item purchases in an economy where banks aren't lending? They just let 5 people go to lessen the blow to their bottom line. That is 5 people who will not be paying income taxes. That is 5 people who may have to get gov't assistance to survive.
Idiot liberals.
Yes I can say that.
Sadly my own home is surrounded by liberal retards. These are bright intelligent college educated people, but I am almost 100% positive they voted for this shit, even as they have been losing work days. Oh, its for the kids... Really? Check the numbers. Last I understood, here in Oregon it takes $10k a year to educate each child in Oregon. With the supposed 40 kids in a classroom (numbers from the ads, real numbers are 25/class) that equals $400k a year minus the teachers $100k (Salary and benefits). What are they doing with the other $300k per classroom? Unbelievable!!
The final straw came this morning when one of the public employee spokespersons said that this new $750 million tax is just to stop the bleeding, but is not the cure....
We have crossed over the line. The public employees outnumber the private sector and we will go further and further in debt trying to fund their raises and benefits they vote in for themselves.
For years Oregon has been known for not having a sales tax. Not anymore. Companies are going to start charging more to cover their losses and stay in the black. Ultimately a sales tax. Gov't taxes the gross, business raises prices to protect themselves which pays their tax. See, Sales Tax. Salem knew exactly what they were doing...
Damn I wish I could sell my house, I would be out of here tomorrow. Problem is I will have to stay and weather this storm, as no one is buying houses, they are all laid off.

No comments: